The MANE.Innovation Spine
Engineering innovation is an end-to-end process combining creativity (critical thinking, collaboration and communication), invention, design, and implementation. Success is measured by the value added, including quality and productivity value, of its innovative products, processes, and services in the commercial world.
MANE’s Innovation Spine is a sequence of three courses that immerse students in the tools and techniques of engineering innovation so that they can become leaders of technological innovation.
The three Inventor’s Studio courses provide a forum for students to enhance and utilize their critical thinking, collaboration, and communication skills to innovate.
The MANE Innovation Crucible
- Digital collaboration tools for interacting with internal and external innovators
- A student run space for collaborative innovation, rapid prototyping, and patenting innovation
- Collaboration with the Manufacturing Innovation Learning Lab (the MILL) & Inventor’s Studio courses
MANE.Innovation Achievements 2018
- 8 provisional patents submitted to USPTO by 10 students who received “Inventor’s Studio Innovator Award”.
- 3 startups launched by 4 students, who received “Inventor’s Studio Startup Founders Award”
- “Engineering Innovation for Society” Challenge conducted in January 2018, where students from other universities attended a 3 day challenge, to innovate engineering solutions for problems faced by patients at the Center for Disability Services in Albany, NY.
- One graduate student submitted a provisional patent to USPTO, and also launched a startup. This M. Eng. student received both “Inventor’s Studio Innovator Award” and “Inventor’s Studio Startup Founders award”.
- Inaugural “Lean Design for Six Sigma – Innovation & Product Design and Development” certificate given out.
- MANE Student Advisory Council launched the 3rd edition of “The MANE Student Research, Innovation & Design Journal” featuring papers by Inventor’s Studio students (undergraduate), Undergraduate Research Projects, as well as projects from Engineering Innovation for Society 4 week blitz conducted in Inventor’s Studio courses.
MANE Innovation Publications
- MANE Student Research, Innovation & Design Journal
- Inventor's Studio Awards
- MANE Innovation Certificates